Co-Director Call Out
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Midnight Monday the 28th of January
Would you like to join FELTspace?
FELTspace is one of Adelaide’s longest running ARIs, run by a committee of seven volunteer artists, curators, writers and arts workers. Three of our members will soon be departing; so we are looking for new committee members to join the team.
Co-Directors at FELTspace are required to attend weekly meetings on Monday nights and be present at FELTspace exhibition openings which are held the first Wednesday of every month. A commitment of approximately 10 hours per week is expected, however this can vary from week to week.
Some of the duties involved in running FELTspace include:
- Assist in programming FELTspace’s annual exhibition and special projects program
- Manage and maintain relationships with artists, organisations, funders and other key stakeholders
- Manage and maintain FELTspace Gallery Space
- Manage the FELTspace Volunteer Program
- Oversee exhibition installation, deinstallation and opening events
- Manage marketing and media strategy for FELTspace and its programs (eg. website, social media, print media etc)
Ideal candidates will possess a sound knowledge of contemporary and emerging art practice; have excellent communication and interpersonal skills; knowledge and/or experience of artist-run initiatives and/or not-for-profit organisations; be capable of working both autonomously and within a collaborative environment; and be able to work flexibly, consistently and outside of conventional working hours
If you are interested in joining the FELTspace team please send us a 1 page CV and a short expression of interest (1 page max) outlining:
- Why you would like to be a Co-Director at FELTspace?
- What skills you could bring to the team?
- Your previous experience in the arts?
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday, April 8th, 2018